1. In Unorganized Sector lot of skilled persons are working but they don’t possess certificate of skills. The skill testing scheme is initially started for Mason, Plumber & Carpenter from year 2005.Now Skill Testing is done in 13 different trades in 52 Govt. ITI’s in Maharashtra State.
2. Six skill levels are defined i.e. Artisan, Senior Artisan, Craftsman, Master Craftsman, Technician & Technocrat.
3. Skill Testing centers are developed in ITIs.
4. Selected Instructors are trained as Skill Assessor.
5. Skill Test is conducted every month.
6. 27th, 28th & 29th are the fixed dates for skill testing.
7. Certification - jointly by Local Industrial Association & DVET.
Skill Testing Fees
Level I - Rs-500/-
Level II - Rs-600/-
Level III - Rs-700/-